Thursday, May 24, 2012

E3 potpourri

Just some random, stream of consciousness thoughts on the coming E3:

Like someone else said on the Penny Arcade forums, isn't it funny/sad that the things most people are looking forward to from Square-Enix are its Eidos offerings?

Prediction: Microsoft's keynote will be barren.  Kinect + media apps + already announced exclusives = yawn.  I'm hoping that they're lying and will do something regarding the NextBox/Xbox 720, but I'm not counting on it.

I hope that Ubisoft unveils a new Splinter Cell.  And, I hope it refocuses on stealth.  Playing Sam Fisher as Jason Bourne is fun, but I wanted more stealth capability in Conviction.  Not being able to move bodies was a grievous oversight.

Apparently there's a rumor that Sony will have a megaton announcement during their keynote, and that it has something to do with the cloud.  Some people are wondering if it's tied with Valve/Steam.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with rumors of Sony and Microsoft talking over the last few months.  Maybe some Azure?

I can't help but wonder what Bioware will show.  Likely the Mass Effect 3 apology DLC, but what else?  Their new post-ME IP?  Something Dragon Age related?

I'm curious on the JRPG front.  I haven't played a JRPG I liked in ages.  Will Final Fantasy XIII Versus finally materialize?  Anything actually worth playing in the genre?

The Wii U both intrigues and frightens me.  I can't help but wonder about the tablet controller's accessibility.  The Wiimote is already a barrier.  The tablet looks orders of magnitude ("Pop pop!") worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment