Thursday, June 23, 2011

Same as it ever was reprise

More 'fun' with Entity Framework 4, ASP.NET MVC, and many-to-many relationships.

Change tracking in EF4 is actually pretty good.  The problem comes when you're trying to edit an existing Entity with data from an outside source.  Then, the whole thing goes to shit, and you're forced trying to figure out exactly what to do all while the system is throwing vague exceptions telling you you can't do what you want to do.  And, naturally, all of the demos/tutorials I've seen are based on moronic demoware that anyone could figure out.  No real world examples anywhere to see.

I don't feel like blowing up the project structure I have simply because EF4 is acting like a bitch.  Part of this project is so I can learn how to do things the right, professional, ideal way, which is what I'm going to do.

Even if it kills me.

Like always, a link to SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6460071/ef4-problems-w-mvc-entitykey-many-to-many-relationships-etc-what-fundamental

No comments:

Post a Comment